Sources for Creation of Bilingual Dictionary
- the DICTATOR
(Dictionary Annotation, Compilation and Upgrade)
Linguistic Modelling Laboratory (LLM)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
We will present the system /DICTATOR/, developed in LML-BAS. It is
used for automatic annotation, conversion and creation of a bilingual
dictionary. We have developed the specification of a DICTATOR DTD, subset of
TEI Guidelines for Electronic Text Encoding and Interchange and defined
the dictionary entry for the system.
DICTATOR provides a large set of tools:
- creation of a bilingual dictionary in electronic form using the
computational model of the dictionary entry;
- conversion of data in a printed dictionary format to a dictionary in
- compilation of dictionaries;
- automatic annotation of a dictionary with tag set for encoding based
on TEI Guidelines for Dictionary Encoding.
- electronic dictionary editing ;
- electronic dictionary upgrade;
- DB operations on a bilingual dictionary.
See previous, next abstract.
Back to Newsletter no. 9.